The Journey - Part 1

Recently I had this idea for a painting involving one huge canvas, masses of colour, lots of left over paint and one large brush.

The idea...
Starting in one corner, I want to paint my journey over the next year, as I feel it, as it happens, using masses of colour. I've dedicated this coming year to refocusing on art, in fact, my goal is to get Kazart up and running again by end of 2015. There. Its in writing. Done. Now I'm committed!

The challenge...
Yes I have a full-time job and a 3.5 hour commute every day but that's no excuse. I can still think about art and come up with ideas while I'm working or driving. There is nothing to stop me (only myself) from scribbling down ideas in my lunch hour or while I'm sitting in traffic. I can be a full-time artist as well as a mother, wife and graphic designer. I just need to re-prioritise stuff and rethink the way I think. The first step to being a full-time artist is getting into the habit of thinking about art all the time. If I can't find the time to do my art, I can still think about it while I'm doing other stuff. I just need a pocket notebook and a pen...

(Note to self. Carry a pocket note book and pen at all times)

Back to the painting... 
I'm calling it The Journey. My gorgeous kids gave me a humungous canvas for Christmas so yesterday, alone in my studio with my favourite music blaring, I started to paint. Of course, intending to paint only one corner, I got completely carried away and by the end of the CD the entire canvas was covered. But it felt sooo good! Standing back, I could see only one section I liked so I decided that bit would stay - the rest will be painted over bit by bit (or not) over the coming year whenever I get the urge. A continuing morphism of feelings expressed in colour...
The Journey (so far) - a work in progress. I am just painting it as I feel it using whatever leftover paint I find lying around in my studio. Its amazing how many half and almost empty tubes of paint I found! And by the way, most of what you see will be eventually painted over... except for my favourite bit.

The Journey (my favourite bit) - Love this bit! It stays... the rest is history!



Keep posted...
I'll keep posting its progress as it happens. Not sure where it will lead or what it will end up looking like but I'm pretty sure I'll know when its finished... 

Until Part 2...  Kazx

PS. If you want to join me, grab a canvas and start painting! Just make sure you leave a comment below so I can keep posted on your painting's progress too! x

Comments

  1. You can do it!!!! I will be enthusiastically waiting for your posts & cheering you on from waaaayyyy over here in "Little Rhody" (Rhode Island)!! You GO, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts