Thick Black Glasses No. 4

Its been a while since I did a BIG face wearing thick black glasses. This one has been in the works (my head) for a while but just needed a prompt (kick up the backside) to get it done. As you know I love thick black glasses and I love Lisa Loeb's music AND she just happens to wear... What you didn't know is that my husband has a thing for librarians which is strange because he married me and I have never worn glasses (up until now that is...) but he does hang out in bookstores a lot... hmmm. Anyway, decided to do something special for him (partner/manager/buttkicker/inspiration) for Valentines Day this year, not that I believe in it but might as well make the most of it. Sort of killing two birds with one stone really, a present for his majesty AND getting that next BIG face out of my head and onto paper...

Thick Black Glasses No. 4 - this is sort of a tribute to Lisa Loeb, librarians and women in general who wear thick black glasses (cool). Sketched using pastels on a big piece of cartridge paper (approx. 60 x 85cm) on the floor because its so messy (love it).  Really enjoyed drawing the hair and yes, I know she doesn't have red hair but just had to get that orange in somewhere...

Comments

  1. This is great! I thought - that looks like Lisa Loeb - and then I read the description. Really great likeness. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. Her music has always inspired me. Or could just be the glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful, striking work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to do more of these big drawings. Your portrait work is amazing BTW. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts