Illustration Friday: Forward

Thinking forward (very far) into the future, I imagined myself at 88 years old (very old). I don't want to grow old gracefully (I'm not very graceful), I want to be a crazy old lady waving a cane who dyes her hair purple and can still come up with creative ideas. And at that age, it will take a lot of creative thinking, serious cane waving (and pointing) and some very clever accessorising (gym boots, skateboard and a fast dog...) just to get out the door! Lets face it, to get anywhere in this world, you must go FORWARD with all your might...
"Forward Sunny!" - this illo was sketched by hand (about a zillion times...) and then colour and texture added using Photoshop. The bone was an after thought - Sunny needed something to look FORWARD to (just to get him through this ordeal!).

Comments

  1. Haha, I love the high top sneakers and skateboard! And of course the dog, though he looks a little worried that cane is going to accidentally smack him in the head. Lovely subtle patterns in the sweater and skirt.

    (I will come visit, another crazy ungraceful old lady, and wave my cane with you.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy - two old ladies waving canes - that's almost a riot!?

      Delete
  2. I think you're gonna need a bigger dog! I like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na - I don't think she could handle a bigger dog - a small dog looks funnier!

      Delete
  3. Nice work !
    Being a crazy old woman sounds like a great idea, I want to be like her in 60 years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! That makes three crazy old ladies waving canes - that IS a riot!

      Delete
  4. Haha, funny, wonderful illustration! I love all the red accessories. Have to walk the dog somehow, right? You know at night they're snuggled up on her rocker together, he's perfect lap sized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right! A big dog may run faster but would hardly be lap sized!? Can't have it all...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts